Purdue University, in collaboration with Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM), is recruiting a Senior Research Technician to support all aspects of a two-year project focused on investigating an innovative model of early autism spectrum disorder (ASD) diagnosis that links community-based clinical evaluation with the assessment of biobehavioral markers in the primary care setting. While the position will be based in the Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Department at Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana), the candidate will be required to regularly travel between institutions as well as to pediatric primary care practices around the state of Indiana. The position involves a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant cross-institution research team as well as to gain clinical and experimental research experience with toddlers at risk for ASD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Cognitive/Developmental Science, Communication Disorders, or Affiliated Field.
- One to Two years of prior research experience in a related area is required.
- A demonstrated interest in research focused on neurodevelopmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- High attention to detail, well-organized, and ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize priorities among multiple tasks
- Strong technical trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to communicate (in verbal and written form) clearly
- Prior experience with toddlers/young children in research or clinical settings
- Experience with eye-tracking methodology
- Programming experience (ideally in Matlab)
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience in coordinating/managing a research team
• This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
• Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
• A background check will be required for employment in this position
• FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer; all individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.